Subject: Re: bug#65621: [PATCH] `dired-next-line' go to meaningful line

From: Shynur Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 19:44:55 +0000

Your words:

> Drew:
> If you really DON'T want `n'|`p' to go to header lines then maybe
> set some option.

Yours, too:

> Drew:
> Those lines are as actionable as any others; they should not be
> skipped over.
> `dired-cursor-goto-meaningful-line' must default to `t'.  From my
> point of view it need not (should not) even be offered as an option:
> the `t' behavior should just be all there is.

Can you please not be inconsistent?

Again, that is an optional feature!

That's all I can say, and that patch is the final patch.
If you're still not satisfied, I'm sorry that there's nothing more I
can do, so please don't reply to me anymore.

Sorry again.