Subject: Re: bug#65621: [PATCH] `dired-next-line' go to meaningful line

From: Shynur Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2023 15:04:49 +0000

> Drew:
> I think I was clear from the outset.

Yes, it's me who wasn't clear whether that is what you want.

> I do think it's fine to skip over blank lines (which Dired+ hasn't
> done).  But I saw and I see no real need for an option such as
> `dired-headerline-is-meaningful'.

Hope this time I understand your point:

  You suggest I also skip `.' and `..' if the option
  `dired-headerline-is-meaningful' is provided, though
  you don't suggest to provide such an option.

> I see you've now removed it.

Yes, it's unnecessary.

Anyway, 

> I was just trying to help you in your attempt to do that, by
> offering an FYI about another kind of line that vanilla Emacs
> sometimes allows no action on.

Thank you.