Subject: bug#65581: 30.0.50; image-mode: scroll and resize

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 15:08:24 +0200

Hi,

When using image-mode, I have some minor issue with scrolling and then
resizing.  For example, if you have a big image that you view in its
original size with 'image-transform-reset-to-original' (s o) and then
scroll into it (with C-f/C-n…)

If you get back to the default 'fit-to-window' (s w), the horizontal and
vertical scroll is kept and it places the image oddly into the window.
I have a patch to reset the scrolling when a such a resizing occur but
I'm not sure this is the best thing to do.

Best regards,

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.3) of 2023-08-26
 built on computer
Repository revision: 0cab62035d273024d6052c6ba73993f3f85e9c7e
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101006
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.3 GENERIC.MP#1125 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --with-toolkit-scroll-bars=no --without-cairo
 --without-sound --without-compress-install
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  auto-revert-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.3.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr term ehelp vc-bzr tramp-cmds tramp-sh tramp-cache
time-stamp emacsbug cl-print shortdoc comp comp-cstr warnings help-fns
radix-tree pulse dabbrev magit-extras face-remap magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff
git-commit log-edit magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor magit-mode transient magit-git
magit-section magit-utils dash smerge-mode diff whitespace add-log
vc-annotate misearch multi-isearch ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
org-agenda css-mode sgml-mode facemenu imenu vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view
pcvs-util reveal texinfo texinfo-loaddefs make-mode org-indent
emacs-news-mode view pascal vc-hg conf-mode org-element org-persist
org-id avl-tree oc-basic ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus
nnselect ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex
ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi gnus-icalendar org-capture org-refile
org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold
org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs
eww url-queue mm-url sh-script smie treesit executable vc gnus-dired
vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher vc-svn bug-reference paredit mule-util
on-screen time battery cus-load exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config ido
exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor
xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb
xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug server modus-operandi-theme modus-themes
zone speed-type url-http url-auth url-gw nsm compat ytdious mingus
libmpdee reporter edebug debug backtrace detached-init detached
autorevert filenotify transmission color calc-bin calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs supercite regi ebdb-message ebdb-gnus
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt
speedbar ezimage dframe find-func eieio-base pcase timezone icalendar
gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit
visual-basic-mode cl web-mode derived disp-table erlang-start
smart-tabs-mode skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp
tramp rx trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-message tramp-compat
xdg shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date format-spec
tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
apropos compile text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref
project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline icons pp comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs dired-x dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
notifications dbus xml cl-extra help-mode use-package-core repeat
easy-mmode desktop frameset debbugs-autoloads detached-autoloads
ebdb-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads exwm-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads
magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads finder-inf magit-section-autoloads
md4rd-autoloads dash-autoloads on-screen-autoloads osm-autoloads
paredit-autoloads request-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads s-autoloads
speed-type-autoloads transmission-autoloads tree-mode-autoloads
visual-fill-column-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads
ytdious-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 836936 209378) (symbols 48 62143 3)
 (strings 32 207401 12172) (string-bytes 1 6681211)
 (vectors 16 124307) (vector-slots 8 2450252 92140)
 (floats 8 692 2609) (intervals 56 29536 7613) (buffers 992 117))

-- 
Manuel Giraud