Subject: bug#6558: 23.2; Cannot paste large clipboard

From: Steve Chapel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 07:05:59 -0300

1. I went to http://projecteuler.net/index.php?section=problems&id=13
    and copied the list of numbers to the clipboard
2. I opened a new file with emacs and pasted the clipboard in with
    Ctrl-Shift-V

Emacs did not paste the entire list of numbers into the file.

Ctrl-Shift-V works to paste the entire list in vi, and also using cat to
create the file from the Gnome Terminal command line.

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
  of 2010-05-13 on x86-07.phx2.fedoraproject.org
configured using `configure  '--build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' 
'--host=x86_64-re
dhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--disable-dependency-tracking' 
'--prefix=/u
sr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' 
'--sysconfdir
=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' 
'--libdir=/usr/lib64'
'--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' 
'--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '
--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--with-dbus' 
'--with-gif'
'--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff' '--with-xft' 
'--with-xpm'
  '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' 'build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' 
'host_alias=x86_64
-redhat-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g -pipe -Wall 
-Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SO
URCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 
-mtune=gene
ric''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC [ > 1 ; 2 4 0 1 ; 0 c ESC x r e p o r t TAB RE
T

Recent messages:
("emacs")
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/focus-init.el 
(source)...done
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/php-mode-init.el 
(source)...done
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/po-mode-init.el 
(source)...done
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/rpm-spec-mode-init.el 
(source)..
.done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message idna sendmail regexp-opt ecomplete rfc822
mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev
nnheader gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit
mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind system-font-setting
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)