Subject: bug#6558: closed (Re: bug#6558: 23.2; Cannot paste large clipboard)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 20:49:01 +0000

Your bug report

#6558: 23.2; Cannot paste large clipboard

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6558: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6558
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6558: 23.2; Cannot paste large clipboard
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 16:48:06 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.1

Chong Yidong wrote:

> By default, `yank' does not paste the clipboard.  Bind a key to
> clipboard-yank, or set x-select-enable-clipboard to t.
>
> We should probably set it to t for the trunk (Emacs 24)...

This was done.

Subject: 23.2; Cannot paste large clipboard
From: Steve Chapel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 07:05:59 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1. I went to http://projecteuler.net/index.php?section=problems&id=13
    and copied the list of numbers to the clipboard
2. I opened a new file with emacs and pasted the clipboard in with
    Ctrl-Shift-V

Emacs did not paste the entire list of numbers into the file.

Ctrl-Shift-V works to paste the entire list in vi, and also using cat to
create the file from the Gnome Terminal command line.

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
  of 2010-05-13 on x86-07.phx2.fedoraproject.org
configured using `configure  '--build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' 
'--host=x86_64-re
dhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--disable-dependency-tracking' 
'--prefix=/u
sr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' 
'--sysconfdir
=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' 
'--libdir=/usr/lib64'
'--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' 
'--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '
--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--with-dbus' 
'--with-gif'
'--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff' '--with-xft' 
'--with-xpm'
  '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' 'build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' 
'host_alias=x86_64
-redhat-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g -pipe -Wall 
-Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SO
URCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 
-mtune=gene
ric''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC [ > 1 ; 2 4 0 1 ; 0 c ESC x r e p o r t TAB RE
T

Recent messages:
("emacs")
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/focus-init.el 
(source)...done
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/php-mode-init.el 
(source)...done
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/po-mode-init.el 
(source)...done
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/rpm-spec-mode-init.el 
(source)..
.done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message idna sendmail regexp-opt ecomplete rfc822
mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev
nnheader gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit
mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind system-font-setting
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)