Subject: Re: bug#65575: [PATCH v3 4/4] gnu: emacs: Reload subdirs.el files in 'guix-emacs-autoload-packages'.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 10:51:44 -0400

Hi Liliana,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> Thanks, LGTM.  I've tested this by dropping almost all parts of load-
> path and calling (guix-emacs-autoload-packages), it appears to do
> what's promised.  Queued locally for emacs-next and followed up with a
> patch that fixes the compilation warnings coming from the docstrings.

Sounds good, thank you for testing it!

About warnings, when I byte compile guix-emacs.el, all I see is:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

Compiling file /home/maxim/src/guix/gnu/packages/aux-files/emacs/guix-emacs.el at Sun Sep  3 10:50:19 2023
guix-emacs.el:83:39: Warning: reference to free variable
    ‘treesit-extra-load-path’
guix-emacs.el:83:39: Warning: assignment to free variable
    ‘treesit-extra-load-path’
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I don't know how to fix those; they seem harmless since their use is
enclosed in a (with-eval-after-load 'treesit ...) expression.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim