Subject: bug#65560: closed (Re: bug#65560: You found a bug:)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2025 09:09:12 +0000

Your bug report

#65560: You found a bug:

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
65560: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65560
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#65560: You found a bug:
From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
To: Rua <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2025 10:29:47 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

On Tue, 05 Sep 2023 at 17:21, Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Have you tried
>     guix pull --fallback
> ?

Closing this old bug

    https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/65560

It’s already known:

        1: toward a plan? (was Re: Reducing "You found a bug" reports)
        Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
        Tue, 10 Sep 2024 16:51:09 +0200
        id:[email-masked]
        https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-09
        https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]

Thanks for the report.

Cheers,
simon

Subject: You found a bug:
From: Rua <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 08:25:53 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

guix pull
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 5856e18 (61,866 new commits)...
Building from this channel:
guix https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git 5856e18
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
bash-static-5.1.8 646KiB 354KiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
glibc-2.33 8.2MiB 898KiB/s 00:09 [##################] 100.0%
bash-minimal-5.1.8 569KiB 816KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
gcc-10.3.0-lib 4.6MiB 627KiB/s 00:08 [##################] 100.0%
libffi-3.3 51KiB 1.5MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libgc-8.0.4 214KiB 1.7MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libgpg-error-1.42 213KiB 1.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libunistring-0.9.10 492KiB 900KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
libgcrypt-1.8.8 499KiB 901KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
pkg-config-0.29.2 187KiB 1.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
guile-gcrypt-0.3.0 143KiB 349KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
guile-3.0.7 6.9MiB 1020KiB/s 00:07 [##################] 100.0%
building /gnu/store/al0d6f30wj4f4w68v2gqdkb367v75f4x-config.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/60h4f5jy7x05bgwjxp41gg5wsypaixn6-git.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/n5w7gbkyyiav73f9yypafvw2n6z5jq8n-hash.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/ch0s1rwn775gbg0nag83ngbc30v6h83y-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/qzfrwfyrkl19m95nr2qg88gksnn4v6d9-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/6jw0d4cjzr1gdnpbqr4md37cv8345g58-module-import-compiled.drv...
building /gnu/store/3cb2gd3mghnhxs139kb87w16crzg3xw0-module-import-compiled.drv...
building /gnu/store/srmk6jgym21i62bnw7pg8pqj4rqz9v4n-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
\substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
|substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
-substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
oc https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/xgjnjkn56c5mq28lkz1az630cj7nks49-ghostscript-9.56.1-doc 6856624 2424883
ghostscript-9.56.1-doc 6.5MiB 614.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
bash-static-5.1.16 700KiB 1.0MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
font-dejavu-2.37 2.3MiB 726KiB/s 00:03 [##################] 100.0%
font-ghostscript-8.11 3.3MiB 1.1MiB/s 00:03 [##################] 100.0%
glibc-2.35 8.5MiB 532KiB/s 00:16 [##################] 100.0%
graphviz-minimal-7.0.1-doc 971KiB 1.9MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
bash-minimal-5.1.16 568KiB 259KiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
gcc-11.3.0-lib 4.8MiB 720KiB/s 00:07 [##################] 100.0%
bash-minimal-5.1.16 569KiB 1002KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
bzip2-1.0.8 55KiB 46.0MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
bzip2-1.0.8 55KiB 19KiB/s 00:03 [##################] 100.0%
expat-2.5.0 102KiB 181KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
gdbm-1.23 213KiB 579KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
http-parser-2.9.4-1.ec8b5ee 18KiB 43KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
jbig2dec-0.19 67KiB 155KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libcap-2.64 82KiB 210KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libdaemon-0.14 29KiB 48KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
libevent-2.1.12 304KiB 736KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libffi-3.4.4 56KiB 9KiB/s 00:06 [##################] 100.0%
guix substitute: warning: while fetching https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/1w1r6r56z9lhg8ghcb7lxss6mkn7d5l1-libgc-8.2.2: server is somewhat slow
guix substitute: warning: try `--no-substitutes' if the problem persists
libgc-8.2.2 218KiB 208KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
libgpg-error-1.45 223KiB 175.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libjpeg-turbo-2.1.4 366KiB 335.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libgcrypt-1.10.1 552KiB 611.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
guix substitute: warning: while fetching https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/q5d961dnm2bq79qxic85a842k4gdlzqd-libltdl-2.4.7: server is somewhat slow
guix substitute: warning: try `--no-substitutes' if the problem persists
libltdl-2.4.7 35KiB 125.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libpaper-2.0.0 28KiB 103.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libunistring-1.0 529KiB 1.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libxau-1.0.10 8KiB 21KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libxdmcp-1.1.3 24KiB 26.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0|
guix substitute: warning: while fetching https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/bcc053jvsbspdjr17gnnd9dg85b3a0gy-ncurses-6.2.20210619: server is somewhat slow
guix substitute: warning: try `--no-substitutes' if the problem persists
ncurses-6.2.20210619 633KiB 88KiB/s 00:07 [##################] 100.0%
guix substitute: warning: while fetching https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/qabydd2r26gcr9s26hzchip3a3h3zhg4-libxcb-1.15: server is somewhat slow
guix substitute: warning: try `--no-substitutes' if the problem persists
libxcb-1.15 279KiB 234KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
openssl-3.0.8 2.2MiB 440KiB/s 00:05 [##################] 100.0%
libx11-1.8.1 673KiB 837KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
mit-krb5-1.20 1.0MiB 1.2MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
dbus-1.14.0 273KiB 52KiB/s 00:05 [##################] 100.0%
guix substitute: warning: while fetching https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/fxspvmsmypn6g74mx3dc58qmh16n90vj-pcre-8.45: server is somewhat slow
guix substitute: warning: try `--no-substitutes' if the problem persists
pcre-8.45 576KiB 981KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
pkg-config-0.29.2 187KiB 297KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
readline-8.1.2 409KiB 81KiB/s 00:05 [##################] 100.0%
guile-3.0.9 7.0MiB 1.1MiB/s 00:07 [##################] 100.0%
sqlite-3.39.3 1.1MiB 1.7MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
util-linux-2.37.4-lib 1.5MiB 2.4MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
xz-5.2.8 366KiB 513.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
zlib-1.2.13 79KiB 82.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
glib-2.72.3 2.4MiB 1.0MiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
guix-daemon-1.4.0-10.4dfdd82 258KiB 243KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
avahi-0.8 349KiB 319.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
gts-0.7.6 273KiB 499KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
guile-avahi-0.4.1 57KiB 117KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libpng-1.6.37 226KiB 372KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
libssh-0.10.5 229KiB 295KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
freetype-2.13.0 557KiB 1.1MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
guile-ssh-0.16.3 223KiB 43KiB/s 00:05 [##################] 100.0%
fontconfig-minimal-2.14.0 153KiB 210KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
guile-ssh-0.16.3-debug 234KiB 204.2MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
gd-2.3.2 123KiB 112.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
libssh2-1.10.0 178KiB 32KiB/s 00:05 [##################] 100.0%
graphviz-minimal-7.0.1 1.1MiB 545KiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
libtiff-4.4.0 380KiB 208.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
pcre2-10.40 1.0MiB 1.3MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
ghostscript-9.56.1 11.5MiB 933KiB/s 00:13 [##################] 100.0%
libgit2-1.3.2 564KiB 858KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
guile-git-0.5.2 437KiB 265.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
|Backtrace:
15 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/gx8nhx88k7xalx6srnndmd57k99d1mr2-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
155:9 14 (_ _)
159:9 13 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
152:2 12 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
152:2 11 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
2168:24 10 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f67a76dc140> #<procedure 7f6791423320 at ./guix/self.scm:13?> ?)
1996:8 9 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f67a76dc140>)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
299:22 8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f67a76dc140>)
1180:2 7 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f67a76dc140>)
1046:2 6 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f67a76dc140>)
892:4 5 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f67a76dc140>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
2053:12 4 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f67a76dc140>)
1405:13 3 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 7f67a76dc140> #<procedure 7f678c9e9d60 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
1401:5 2 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 7f67a76dc140> #<procedure 7f6792dd79e0 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
1417:15 1 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f67a76dc140> ("/gnu/store/gm8pw2qwi35d5nc5dz7gqagp0yjmjlp2-po4a-0.69.drv") ?)
1417:15 0 (loop #f)

./guix/store.scm:1417:15: In procedure loop:
ERROR:
1. &store-protocol-error:
message: "some substitutes for the outputs of derivation `/gnu/store/gm8pw2qwi35d5nc5dz7gqagp0yjmjlp2-po4a-0.69.drv' failed (usually happens due to networking issues); try `--fallback' to build derivation from source "
status: 1
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/gx8nhx88k7xalx6srnndmd57k99d1mr2-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: "5856e185a3d4f47e27dfd064a231b3a1d44a6494"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.4.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.