Subject: Re: bug#65551: 29.1; Eshell on MS-Windows using plink: 'plink' is not recognized as an internal or external command...

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 18:12:29 +0300

> From: Jordan Wilson <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 15:48:07 +0100
> 
> (oops, sorry Eli, didn't wide reply)
> 
> On 2023-08-26 (Sat) at 17:42 (+0300), Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Is plink on PATH on that Windows system?
> 
> Yes, it's on the Windows' machine I'm connecting from. Eshell
> successfully connects to the GNU/Linux machine using plink, but in the
> cases described it produces the error. I can use eshell built-in
> commands (like `ls' and `pwd') fine on the remote machine, but external
> commands on it produces the error.

Then I don't think I understand the backtrace you posted.  It seems to
indicate that Trump signals a "failed to connect" error, but the error
message you cited, i.e.

  'plink' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable
  program or batch file.

is the message shown by the Windows cmd.exe shell, it is not a Tramp
error message.  So it looks like the backtrace does not really show
the relevant error?  Could you perhaps produce a backtrace that is
more relevant to the problem you are having?