Subject: [bug#65550] [PATCH] profiles: Don't propagate inputs for non-development packages.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 16:21:34 +0200

Am Samstag, dem 26.08.2023 um 21:53 +0800 schrieb [email-masked]:
> From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
> 
> * guix/profiles.scm (package->manifest-entry): Only include
> propagated inputs from a package for its "dev" output, or its "out"
> output if the package doesn't have a "dev" one.
> ---
I think this patch misses the most obvious use case of the out:lib
split.  I also think that hardcoding this list is bound to fail.

Instead, we could for the time being solve this with yet another
package property.
  '((propagate-inputs-from "lib")) ; but not out
  '((propagate-inputs-from . ("lib"))) ; same meaning, different style
  '((propagate-inputs-from "out" "lib")) ; but not doc
If the property is missing, we still propagate from all outputs, as is
currently done.

WDYT?