Subject: bug#6555: stat enhancement

From: A Burgie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 18:04:42 -0600

Well I am closer, but am still technically nowhere since it still will
not compile.  The problem with the odd declaration error was because I
was trying to declare a c-pointer in the case section of the switch
statement.  I guess that's not allowed in C (back to the easy
languages for me).  Despite this I am still stuck with the compilation
complaining about find_mount_point's lack of existence though I'd bet
a nickel I have everything setup properly.  Attached are a couple DIFF
files for those who may want to try to replay things and laugh at my
mediocrity on the condition that an explanation is provided where I'm
failing.  I'd have just one DIFF file but I can't figure out how to
make Git show what I want so I think the combination of these two show
it all (first use of Git as well).

Sorry to be slow at this.  I'd like to learn and have yet to find
documentation on GNU's site (or anywhere else) other than the diff for
operand2sig which helped me a little but not quite enough for what
seems like a very simple operation (extract function, put in file,
create .h file, include .h file in previous .c files, modify
Makefile.am, compile).

Thanks,
AB

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 16:15, Jim Meyering <[email-masked]> wrote:
> A Burgie wrote:
>
>> Is there any documentation on doing this the right (meaning, GNU) way?
>>  I've separated out find_mount_point() into a separate .c file,
>> created a .h file, put both in ./gnulib/lib and linked-to them from
>
> For now, you can just put them in src/.  Simpler that way.
> If needed, we can move them later.
>