Subject: bug#65549: Issue during "guix pull"

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 08:52:59 +0000

Hello, I have encountered this bug after having invoked "guix pull":

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix pull
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to eeb71d7 (3,461 new commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git	eeb71d7
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
building /gnu/store/liykmlswnvwdwf23xv0ql0067d6wcnq5-config.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/6nn78z8562qm0g491d84ilhfyv0as0hb-git.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/k4874y6jkxwbfqfbm8dgqwf7vjn5r6s8-hash.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/2d7rjkwszdyi35bami9hl2jynpxh8zvc-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/m9028hqlblmhd28yn0zhznl77y6hljaq-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/k9mxni28mmxaz73pn2r6brrcg09giv9r-module-import-compiled.drv...
building /gnu/store/v1g52cl7p35m41klxmcv6vmxml8v0d66-module-import-compiled.drv...
building /gnu/store/a0hdnpjfwa0c6c5yb0s0ix74kz76b4wp-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
 graphviz-minimal-7.0.1-doc  967KiB    93KiB/s 00:10 ▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
guix substitute: warning: while fetching https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/i4c6yd0n7yhw2qi5217z62zb9n023dk7-automake-1.16.5: server is somewhat slow
guix substitute: warning: try `--no-substitutes' if the problem persists
Backtrace:
          16 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/csp1naxs8zm9drzsq410jwzs29x?")
In guix/ui.scm:
   2229:7 15 (run-guix . _)
  2192:10 14 (run-guix-command _ . _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10 13 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
  1752:10 12 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In guix/scripts/substitute.scm:
   771:15 11 (_)
In ice-9/exceptions.scm:
   406:15 10 (process-substitution #<output: file 4> _ "/gnu/store/?" ?)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10  9 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In guix/scripts/substitute.scm:
    479:9  8 (_)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1747:15  7 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 7f0af0f48630 at ic?> ?)
  1685:16  6 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1683:16  5 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1685:16  4 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1780:13  3 (_ #<&compound-exception components: (#<&error> #<&irri?>)
  1685:16  2 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1683:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
ERROR:
  1. &http-get-error:
      uri: #<<uri> scheme: https userinfo: #f host: "ci.guix.gnu.org" port: #f path: "/nar/lzip/i4c6yd0n7yhw2qi5217z62zb9n023dk7-automake-1.16.5" query: #f fragment: #f>
      code: 504
      reason: "Gateway Time-out"
Backtrace:
          17 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/9l7ssf9l0ra74i68hgs3l7m45y8qsj98-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    155:9 16 (_ _)
    159:9 15 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    152:2 14 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    152:2 13 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2168:24 12 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f91d3f2d0a0> #<procedure 7f91b2866eb0 at ./guix/self.scm:13?> ?)
   1996:8 11 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f91d3f2d0a0>)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
   299:22 10 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f91d3f2d0a0>)
   1180:2  9 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f91d3f2d0a0>)
   1046:2  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f91d3f2d0a0>)
    892:4  7 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f91d3f2d0a0>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2053:12  6 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f91d3f2d0a0>)
   1401:5  5 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 7f91d3f2d0a0> #<procedure 7f91afb8e4e0 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
  1417:15  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f91d3f2d0a0> ("/gnu/store/wgrwwn0csll63q2mr99w9hw17z7d79y6-guix-daemo?" ?) ?)
  1417:15  3 (loop #f)
   711:11  2 (process-stderr #<store-connection 256.99 7f91d3f2d0a0> _)
In ./guix/serialization.scm:
   101:11  1 (read-int #<input-output: file 10>)
     79:6  0 (get-bytevector-n* #<input-output: file 10> 8)

./guix/serialization.scm:79:6: In procedure get-bytevector-n*:
ERROR:
  1. &nar-error:
      file: #f
      port: #<input-output: file 10>
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/9l7ssf9l0ra74i68hgs3l7m45y8qsj98-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: "eeb71d778f149834015858467fbeeb1276d96d1d"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "e43cbeafd1b632f39b08b3644af5230d5350a656"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

-- 
Philip Kaludercic