Subject: Re: bug#65549: Issue during "guix pull"

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2025 10:27:48 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 at 12:11, Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> These transient failures are very hard to tackle because they are
>> transient. :-)

This old bug

    https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/65549

is known and already reported many times [1].  Therefore, I’m closing.

> Is it not possible to detect connectivity issues and print a regular
> error message, instead of instructing the user to report a bug?

Yes, it would be possible but not yet done.  As pointed in [1], we
should come with a plan in order to tackle this annoyance.

Thanks for the report.

Cheers,
simon

1: toward a plan? (was Re: Reducing "You found a bug" reports)
Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Tue, 10 Sep 2024 16:51:09 +0200
id:[email-masked]
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-09
https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]