Subject: Re: bug#6554: [PATCH] split: Additional suffix for split (bug#6554)

From: Jérémy Compostella <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 19:30:16 +0100

> On 02/19/2012 12:54 PM, Jérémy Compostella wrote:
> > Pádraig,
> >
> > I replaced --suffix with --additional-suffix and made some cleaning.
> >
> > Feel free to comment the attached patch.
>
> Logic is perfect again.
Thanks :)

> I adjusted the help output a little like:
>
> -  -a, --suffix-length=N   use suffixes of length N (default %d)\n\
> -      --additional-suffix=SUFFIX  append an additional SUFFIX to output
file\n\
> -                                       names. SUFFIX must not contain
slash.\n\
> +  -a, --suffix-length=N   generate suffixes of length N (default %d)\n\
> +      --additional-suffix=SUFFIX  append an additional SUFFIX to file
names.\n\
I'm just wondering why did you removed the slash warning ? This warning
is maybe too much in the command usage but IMHO the man page should
mention it. Moreover, the mktemp mention this "restriction" on its
--suffix option this way.

Cheers,

Jérémy