Subject: bug#65520: 30.0.50; [FR Xref] Project-wide operations

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 10:21:34 +0300

> From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 08:49:01 +0200
> 
> In C mode, Xref works using Eglot, in ELisp mode it uses something else
> (I have no tags tables; don't know how that works).

It works by using the ELisp's own backend.

> Both work really
> well, but I apparently have to be in an ELisp buffer to use one and in a
> C buffer to use the other.
> 
> Feature request: Is it possible to use more than one backend at the same
> time?  So that I could C-M-. to find an ELisp function while being in a
> C file?  I couldn't find something like that mentioned in the docs, so I
> guess it's not yet possible.

Probably not what you had in mind, but "M-x xref-etags-mode" will
cause ELisp to use etags as well, and then you can have what you want
(at least in Emacs) with a single backend.