Subject: Re: bug#65517: 30.0.50; Eglot: word list input

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 09:37:50 +0100

On Sat, Aug 26, 2023 at 5:55 AM Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:
>

> Thanks for the technical explanation, I appreciate that.
>
> I'm purely looking at things as a user, though:

Right, but by some accounts at least, you're also a programmer :-)
and since this list is also read by others, and who knows the future
maintainer of Eglot, I think a bit of technical context is worth it.

To give yet another perspective,  Xref and LSP were invented
independently.  The first was modelled vaguely on SLIME and Lisp machines,
the second on god knows what, probably visual studio's internals?
Anyway, Eglot is the matchmaker and it's not always a perfect marriage.
You'll find lots of examples of this with LSP and Emacs's parts
(completion, flymake, imenu)-- it's not only xref.

Anyway, glad I could be of assistance and I think we can close this.

João