Subject: bug#65517: closed (Re: bug#65517: 30.0.50; Eglot: word list input)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 08:36:02 +0000

Your bug report

#65517: 30.0.50; Eglot: word list input

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
65517: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65517
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#65517: 30.0.50; Eglot: word list input
From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
To: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 09:37:50 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Sat, Aug 26, 2023 at 5:55 AM Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:
>

> Thanks for the technical explanation, I appreciate that.
>
> I'm purely looking at things as a user, though:

Right, but by some accounts at least, you're also a programmer :-)
and since this list is also read by others, and who knows the future
maintainer of Eglot, I think a bit of technical context is worth it.

To give yet another perspective,  Xref and LSP were invented
independently.  The first was modelled vaguely on SLIME and Lisp machines,
the second on god knows what, probably visual studio's internals?
Anyway, Eglot is the matchmaker and it's not always a perfect marriage.
You'll find lots of examples of this with LSP and Emacs's parts
(completion, flymake, imenu)-- it's not only xref.

Anyway, glad I could be of assistance and I think we can close this.

João

Subject: 30.0.50; Eglot: word list input
From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 08:40:31 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

THe prompt of C-M-. advertises that the user can enter a list of words
for search for, but that doesn't seem to be supported ATM.

For example, C-M-. Lisp_Package RET works fine, but entering a word
list, say "Li Pa", does not.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, aarch64-apple-darwin22.6.0, NS
 appkit-2299.70 Version 13.5 (Build 22G74)) of 2023-08-24 built on
 Mini.fritz.box
Repository revision: 53c07bd04bf59f63e49af2c626714bf3fdd03ad6
Repository branch: scratch/pkg
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.5