Subject: 30.0.50; Edebug behavior of signaling errors in &or

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 08:28:26 +0200

This is a followup to bug#65344, which see.

When Edebug matches a debug spec

  (&or (... def-form)
       (...))

and the form matched against is not something def-form matches,
an invalid-read-error is signaled, regardless of the context in which
def-form appears.  That means the second sub-clause of the &or never
gets a chance to match.

This is not limited to def-form and not limited to &or (think
&not, for example).

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, aarch64-apple-darwin22.6.0, NS
 appkit-2299.70 Version 13.5 (Build 22G74)) of 2023-08-24 built on
 Mini.fritz.box
Repository revision: 53c07bd04bf59f63e49af2c626714bf3fdd03ad6
Repository branch: scratch/pkg
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.5