Subject: bug#65513: 29.1; Ansi colors do not work in compilation buffers

From: Daniel Zurawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 14:30:31 -0600

Colors arent rendered in compiation buffers, the ansi color code text is
displayed.
I have resolved the issue but adding these lines to my init.el

(require 'ansi-color)
(add-hook 'compilation-filter-hook 'ansi-color-compilation-filter)

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.33,
 cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-08-09 built on workstation2
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --without-compress-install
 --with-json 'CFLAGS=-O3 -march=znver3' 'CXXFLAGS=-O3 -march=znver3''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBSELINUX MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SOUND
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
  paredit-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  xclip-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/dan/.emacs.d/straight/build/s/s-autoloads hides
/home/dan/.emacs.d/elpa/s-20220902.1511/s-autoloads
/home/dan/.emacs.d/straight/build/s/s hides
/home/dan/.emacs.d/elpa/s-20220902.1511/s
/home/dan/.emacs.d/straight/build/dash/dash hides
/home/dan/.emacs.d/elpa/dash-20230714.723/dash
/home/dan/.emacs.d/straight/build/jsonrpc/jsonrpc hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/jsonrpc
/home/dan/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230723.1411/transient hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date comp comp-cstr term/xterm xterm paredit
edmacro kmacro company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-clang company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb monokai-theme copilot copilot-balancer editorconfig
editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch dash
jsonrpc copilot-autoloads jsonrpc-autoloads editorconfig-autoloads
dash-autoloads use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key use-package-core
straight-autoloads straight cl-extra yasnippet highlight-indentation
flymake-proc flymake warnings thingatpt company-capf company help-fns
radix-tree help-mode elpy advice elpy-rpc pyvenv eshell esh-cmd esh-ext
esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util
elpy-shell elpy-profile elpy-django s elpy-refactor diff-mode easy-mmode
python rx compat pcase treesit ido hideshow grep compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc files-x etags fileloop generator
xref project ring cus-edit pp cus-load icons wid-edit autorevert
filenotify xt-mouse xclip ansi-color finder-inf display-line-numbers
cider-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads elpy-autoloads company-autoloads
flycheck-autoloads highlight-indentation-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads
f-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads monokai-pro-theme-autoloads
monokai-theme-autoloads parseedn-autoloads parseclj-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads pyvenv-autoloads queue-autoloads
sesman-autoloads smartparens-autoloads spinner-autoloads
transient-autoloads compat-autoloads treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads
posframe-autoloads ht-autoloads hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads
pfuture-autoloads ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads s-autoloads info
xclip-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 448297 147916)
 (symbols 48 26308 97)
 (strings 32 127299 14185)
 (string-bytes 1 3562848)
 (vectors 16 46412)
 (vector-slots 8 1485471 200074)
 (floats 8 130 603)
 (intervals 56 478 216)
 (buffers 976 16))