Subject: bug#64310: closed (Re: bug#65509: [PATCH] Use correct env var when opening frames with freedesktop menu entries)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 11:35:03 +0000

Your bug report

#65509: 29.0.92; pure-GTK warning under Wayland

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
65509: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65509
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#65509: [PATCH] Use correct env var when opening frames with freedesktop menu entries
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 14:34:29 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 15:44:02 +0800
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Why is it not safe?
> 
> Because there was previously no problem with the X build under Emacs 29,
> and using --reuse-frame there would chance introducing one.

OK, installed on emacs-29 and closing the bug.

Thanks.

Subject: 29.0.92; pure-GTK warning under Wayland
From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 10:15:33 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Sorry for reporting this so late. I am using pure-GTK build since about
a year ago and this problem was first observed a few months ago, but I
am reporting it now because it occurred on my system again today.

I am on a Wayland system (Debian 12 Bookworm). My system is configured
to use Gnus as default mailto sender. It opens the message window but
also opens a warning that says, "You are trying to run Emacs configured
with the "pure-GTK" interface under X Window System". This warning
doesn't appear when I start Emacs normally. Only occurs when "mailto:"
is triggered from other application like browser. I am 100% sure that I
am using Wayland. Because the value of $XDG_SESSION_TYPE is
"wayland". And "WaylandEnable=false" is commented in my system's
"/etc/gdm3/daemon.conf".

In GNU Emacs 29.0.92 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.37, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-06-27 built on anant
Repository revision: 162c9c058eba104b3f2b73ac29533372c08977d8
Repository branch: emacs-29
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/pankaj/.local --with-pgtk --with-tree-sitter'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  hl-line-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  direnv-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  cursor-sensor-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230602.2121/transient hides /home/pankaj/.local/share/emacs/29.0.92/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow emacsbug bbdb-message flow-fill mm-archive gnus-html url-queue
help-fns radix-tree url-cache mm-url qp mule-util sort smiley gnus-cite
mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable
textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table hl-line utf-7
nndraft nnmh nnfolder nnml bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com epa-file
network-stream gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo .gnus checkdoc lisp-mnt corfu
display-fill-column-indicator display-line-numbers init my-init kunji
hdfc ob-plantuml ob-sql ob-css ob-js ob-java ob-C ob-python python
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader range
erc-join solar cal-dst use-package-delight erc-goodies erc iso8601
erc-backend erc-networks erc-common erc-compat erc-loaddefs rust-ts-mode
use-package-bind-key bind-key js c-ts-common treesit direnv
magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff
smerge-mode diff diff-mode easy-mmode git-commit log-edit pcvs-util
add-log magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor shell server magit-mode
transient edmacro kmacro magit-git magit-base magit-section
cursor-sensor crm compat org-mime message sendmail yank-media rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader ox-org ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
rng-match rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util
ox-latex ox-icalendar org-agenda ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox
org-element org-persist org-id org-refile avl-tree debbugs soap-client
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode url-http url-auth mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rng-xsd rng-dt
rng-util xsd-regexp plantuml-mode solidity-mode solidity-common php-mode
mode-local speedbar ezimage dframe cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align php-face php php-project cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs gnuplot info-look docker-compose-mode nov recentf tree-widget
wid-edit org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities time-date ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle
org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs
format-spec imenu bookmark pp shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file puny svg
xml esxml-query dom markdown-mode color groovy-mode dash s graphql-mode
let-alist editorconfig editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle
editorconfig-fnmatch haskell-mode haskell-cabal haskell-utils
haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme rx haskell-align-imports
haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support noutline outline
flymake-proc flymake warnings icons dabbrev haskell-customize go-mode
find-file ffap thingatpt etags fileloop generator compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color denote xdg dired
dired-loaddefs xref project ring which-key exec-path-from-shell bbdb
bbdb-site timezone delight cl-extra help-mode use-package-ensure
use-package-core modus-operandi-theme modus-themes savehist finder-inf
0blayout-autoloads 750words-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site
bbdb-autoloads corfu-autoloads debbugs-autoloads delight-autoloads
denote-autoloads direnv-autoloads docker-compose-mode-autoloads
exec-path-from-shell-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads go-mode-autoloads
graphql-mode-autoloads groovy-mode-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads
json-snatcher-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase
git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
nov-autoloads esxml-autoloads kv-autoloads org-mime-autoloads
parseedn-autoloads parseclj-autoloads php-mode-autoloads
plantuml-mode-autoloads prettier-autoloads editorconfig-autoloads
nvm-autoloads f-autoloads dash-autoloads iter2-autoloads queue-autoloads
s-autoloads sesman-autoloads solidity-mode-autoloads spinner-autoloads
transient-autoloads which-key-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info
compat-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib
early-init rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win
pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1178872 45427)
 (symbols 48 51757 23)
 (strings 32 245923 15376)
 (string-bytes 1 7246433)
 (vectors 16 115007)
 (vector-slots 8 1467621 95401)
 (floats 8 917 173)
 (intervals 56 1014 118)
 (buffers 984 30))