Subject: Re: bug#65507: [PATCH] ; Add index entry for OAUTH2 SMTP auth mechanism

From: Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 19:37:43 +0200

> Tags: patch
>
> This is a small tweak to the SMTP library manual.

My last patch was incomplete, sorry about that.
Here's an updated patch:

>From 2801f62c7e0d5d89337b5a52cf8f234ca635c474 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 19:17:51 +0200
Subject: [PATCH v2] ; Add index entry for OAuth2 SMTP auth mechanism

* doc/misc/smtpmail.texi (Authentication): Fix authentication
mechanism count and add index entries for OAuth 2.0.
---
 doc/misc/smtpmail.texi | 6 ++++--
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/misc/smtpmail.texi b/doc/misc/smtpmail.texi
index 99363483827..cc2f4f85fb3 100644
--- a/doc/misc/smtpmail.texi
+++ b/doc/misc/smtpmail.texi
@@ -264,12 +264,14 @@ Authentication
 @cindex CRAM-MD5
 @cindex PLAIN
 @cindex LOGIN
+@cindex OAuth2
+@cindex OAuth 2.0
 The process by which the @acronym{SMTP} library authenticates you to
 the server is known as ``Simple Authentication and Security Layer''
 (@acronym{SASL}).  There are various @acronym{SASL} mechanisms, and
-this library supports three of them: @code{cram-md5}, @code{plain},
+this library supports four of them: @code{cram-md5}, @code{plain},
 @code{login} and @code{xoauth2}, where the first uses a form of
-encryption to obscure your password, while the other two do not.  It
+encryption to obscure your password, while the others do not.  It
 tries each of them, in that order, until one succeeds.
 (@code{xoauth2} requires using the @file{oauth2.el} library.  You can
 override this by assigning a specific authentication mechanism to a
-- 
2.41.0