Subject: bug#6550: [External] : Re: bug#6550: FW: bug#5721: Feature request: Function that returnsabsolute coordinates

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 20:36:29 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> My contribution here was simply to agree (11 years ago!)
> with several others (including Juanma, who has contributed
> a lot to Emacs development on w32) that the bug _should be
> left open IF, as they confirmed, it's not yet fixed on w32_.
>
> I still feel that's the right approach.  Do you disagree?

Yes.

I now tested the functions on Windows, and they seemed to work fine, so
I'm closing this bug report.

So you opened this bug report because you imagined that it was possible
that a function you didn't care about, and didn't even bother to test,
was possibly giving a wrong result on a non-primary platform for Emacs?
And then not saying anything specific in that new bug report?

You couldn't have wasted our time more efficiently even if you had
tried, which I guess you didn't.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no