Subject: Re: [bug#65482] [PATCH 0/3] gnu: racket: Update to 8.10.

From: Philip McGrath <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 21:59:23 -0400

tags 65482 + security
quit

On 8/23/23 20:05, Philip McGrath wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> In addition to updating Racket to 8.10, this patch series backports fixes
> merged upstream for rktboot on architectures other than x86_64 and removes
> a corresponding workaround from the Guix packaging.
> 
> Efraim and Tim, I'm CC'ing you because of your recent patches for rktboot on
> aarch64 and riscv64: it would be great if you could confirm that this series
> works on those architectures. It would also be useful to test powerpc64le,
> especially since it is supported via 'pbarch', which takes some different
> branches.
> 

Apparently Racket 8.10 fixes a notable security vulnerability related to 
module path parsing. There's an initial post at 
<https://github.com/racket/racket/issues/4731>, but they're not 
publishing the details of how to exploit the vulnerability until more 
people have had a chance to upgrade. (I don't think I fully understand 
the implications of the issue myself.)

Also, Tim, thanks for testing! I seem not to have gotten your mail, but 
I saw it on the tracker just now.

Philip