Subject: bug#65461: closed (Re: bug#65461: Cannot compile any Rust projects)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 21:04:01 +0000

Your bug report

#65461: Cannot compile any Rust projects

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
65461: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65461
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#65461: Cannot compile any Rust projects
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Jonas Møller <[email-masked]>
Cc: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 17:03:30 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Jonas,

Jonas Møller <[email-masked]> writes:

> I can still reproduce this with:
>
> guix shell —container rust rust-cargo
> cargo new hello
> cd hello
> cargo build

If you add 'gcc-toolchain' in the container ('guix shell --container
rust rust-cargo gcc-toolchain'), it now works, using my recent Guix
9f4b6bc.

Closing, thanks to Josselin for the fix!

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim

Subject: Cannot compile any Rust projects
From: Jonas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 22:59:14 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi! Compiling any Rust projects with cargo/rustc gives me:

error: linking with 
`/gnu/store/5lqhcv91ijy82p92ac6g5xw48l0lwwz4-gcc-11.3.0/bin/gcc` failed: 
exit status: 1
   |
   = note: LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8" 
PATH="/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin:/gnu/store/na1dpbbcxjaa3n8wkwrfpch476f90hlf-ld-wrapper-0/bin:/run/setuid-programs:/home/sanoj/.config/guix/current/bin:/home/sanoj/.guix-profile/bin:/home/sanoj/.guix-profile/sbin:/run/current-system/profile/bin:/run/current-system/profile/sbin" 
VSLANG="1033" 
"/gnu/store/5lqhcv91ijy82p92ac6g5xw48l0lwwz4-gcc-11.3.0/bin/gcc" "-m64" 
"/tmp/rustcgxwbFb/symbols.o" 
"/home/sanoj/builds/lmao/target/debug/deps/lmao-acc3b21e98a3ed76.1zjflzmz4wm0rsrv.rcgu.o" 
"/home/sanoj/builds/lmao/target/debug/deps/lmao-acc3b21e98a3ed76.2duafa9srarmpjnt.rcgu.o" 
"/home/sanoj/builds/lmao/target/debug/deps/lmao-acc3b21e98a3ed76.443xrmazvzgsmurd.rcgu.o" 
"/home/sanoj/builds/lmao/target/debug/deps/lmao-acc3b21e98a3ed76.44ggf720dnnj7j1d.rcgu.o" 
"/home/sanoj/builds/lmao/target/debug/deps/lmao-acc3b21e98a3ed76.fcr051zdx2qwdyh.rcgu.o" 
"/home/sanoj/builds/lmao/target/debug/deps/lmao-acc3b21e98a3ed76.okt6swwk1mh2gyh.rcgu.o" 
"/home/sanoj/builds/lmao/target/debug/deps/lmao-acc3b21e98a3ed76.5g6lewwejzj1nrgt.rcgu.o" 
"-Wl,--as-needed" "-L" "/home/sanoj/builds/lmao/target/debug/deps" "-L" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib" 
"-Wl,-Bstatic" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/libstd-b28c98d3528d2baf.rlib" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/libpanic_unwind-2841ec5be44963c5.rlib" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/libobject-7383ffa14b6461ef.rlib" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/libmemchr-162fa792d9ed3bfb.rlib" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/libaddr2line-0bfd35419d2031f1.rlib" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/libgimli-41e203ff41cdcead.rlib" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/librustc_demangle-34503229160295b3.rlib" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/libstd_detect-fb9be16e6f724234.rlib" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/libhashbrown-35b2087e9b31e588.rlib" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/libminiz_oxide-205fda2dd42d3838.rlib" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/libadler-de351642646ac1bb.rlib" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/librustc_std_workspace_alloc-0f6e64fdc62a859f.rlib" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/libunwind-d027526668cd710d.rlib" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/libcfg_if-ad7bd3b9ed5616ab.rlib" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/liblibc-4c1d266099985bae.rlib" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/liballoc-36ed65d81204c951.rlib" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/librustc_std_workspace_core-3bee09dbc34bd854.rlib" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/libcore-0f3efdc599668d8b.rlib" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/libcompiler_builtins-36cc28fcdaa49a7b.rlib" 
"-Wl,-Bdynamic" "-lgcc_s" "-lutil" "-lrt" "-lpthread" "-lm" "-ldl" "-lc" 
"-Wl,--eh-frame-hdr" "-Wl,-znoexecstack" "-L" 
"/gnu/store/96sdk3id979vh1kc9nw9p88834014j6m-rust-1.68.2/lib/rustlib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib" 
"-o" "/home/sanoj/builds/lmao/target/debug/deps/lmao-acc3b21e98a3ed76" 
"-Wl,--gc-sections" "-pie" "-Wl,-zrelro,-znow" "-nodefaultlibs"
   = note: ld: cannot find -lrt: No such file or directory
           collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status