Subject: 30.0.50; Disassemble: error with "free-standing" native compiled function

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 15:17:21 +0200

In *scratch*, evaluate

(defun foo (a b)
  (list a b))

(native-compile 'foo)
(disassemble 'foo)

This gives an error in disass.el, around line 98 that a re-search fails,
but the real error might be that, in the lines above, objdump is called
on a file that does not exist.

Workaround is to save the function to a file, native-compile that file,
and load the resulting .eln.  Then the disassemble works as expected.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin22.6.0, NS
 appkit-2299.70 Version 13.5 (Build 22G74)) of 2023-08-22 built on
 Mini.fritz.box
Repository revision: fe6009795211844ae2deda602c197cb57265eb64
Repository branch: scratch/pkg
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.5

Configured using:
 'configure --cache-file /Users/gerd/tmp/config.cache.pkg
 --with-native-compilation --disable-silent-rules 'CFLAGS=-g -O0''