Subject: Re: bug#65455: 30.0.50; Disassemble: error with "free-standing" native compiled function

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 13:30:25 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 04:11:48 -0400
> 
> 1- Give up on the disassemble on this specific case
> 
> 2- Do not remove the temporary eln file in /tmp and wait for the OS to
>    do it for us.
> 
> 3- Keep a list of temporary eln files we want to clean-up when Emacs
>    exits.

None of the above sounds a good idea to me.  How about a special
disassemble-native function, which will keep the temporary file until
after the disassembly, and then delete it?  Gerd, would that be good
enough?

Also, Andrea, why does

  (native-compile 'foo SOME-FILE)

signals an error?  I thought it should write the results of
native-compilation to SOME-FILE, no?