Subject: Menu entry for describe-package

From: Jan Moringen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 03:39:02 +0200

Hi.

I suggest adding a "Describe Package" menu item in the "Help > Describe"
menu, in analogy to the other `describe-*' functions. The attached patch
adds the menu entry.

Looking at the neighboring entries, it seems like the function should be
bound to C-h p. However, this binding is already in use (by
`finder-by-keyword').

The subject has (without much success) been brought up on emacs-devel:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-06/msg00868.html

Kind regards,
Jan Moringen
--- lisp/menu-bar.el.orig	2010-07-18 01:00:44.000000000 +0200
+++ lisp/menu-bar.el	2010-07-18 04:54:07.522794927 +0200
@@ -1404,6 +1332,9 @@
 (define-key menu-bar-describe-menu [describe-current-display-table]
   `(menu-item ,(purecopy "Describe Display Table") describe-current-display-table
 	      :help ,(purecopy "Describe the current display table")))
+(define-key menu-bar-describe-menu [describe-package]
+  `(menu-item ,(purecopy "Describe Package...") describe-package
+              :help ,(purecopy "Display information about an Emacs software package")))
 (define-key menu-bar-describe-menu [describe-face]
   `(menu-item ,(purecopy "Describe Face...") describe-face
               :help ,(purecopy "Display the properties of a face")))