Subject: Re: bug#65445: 29.1; Android emacs: False memory full condition, due to Java exception (?)

From: Johan Widén <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 07:21:48 +0200

It seems that Android emacs copies to (and from?) the system clipboard
very often. This is not the case in other Android apps: There copy to
and from the system clipboard is a very explicit operation. Perhaps it
should be so also in Android emacs: Create a new set of elisp
functions for this, and initially only have them bound to a couple of
icons at the top of emacs. Perhaps also provide interaction using long
press.

When I do the evil yank, that is copy some text object to evil
registers, Android displays a pop up text that says the text has been
copied to the system clipboard.

If nothing else, I believe that removing the current connection of
internal copy paste, to system clipboard copy paste, would remove the
annoying "out of memory error".

Den tis 22 aug. 2023 kl 04:28 skrev Po Lu <[email-masked]>:
>
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> >> Cc: [email-masked]
> >> Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 07:52:18 +0800
> >> From:  Po Lu via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
> >>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> >>
> >> When an exception is registered by android_exception_check, it makes an
> >> attempt to print it to the log buffer.  Piping it to `grep -A10
> >> "Possible out of memory error"' should uncover the Java stack trace
> >> saved in the exception.
> >
> > Would it be useful to add this to etc/DEBUG?
>
> Yes, I will do that.
>

-- 
Johan Widén, tel: +46705367346
Risvägen 5 A, 192 73 Sollentuna, SWEDEN