Subject: bug#65432: closed (Re: bug#65432: 30.0.50; jerky image movements when zoomed)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 06:06:02 +0000

Your bug report

#65432: 30.0.50; jerky image movements when zoomed

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
65432: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65432
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#65432: 30.0.50; jerky image movements when zoomed
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 09:05:04 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 15:35:05 +0800
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Ping!  Should we mention this issue in PROBLEMS?
> 
> I think so.  I will write an entry.

I see you've written it on the emacs-29 branch, so I'm now closing
this bug.

Thanks.

Subject: 30.0.50; jerky image movements when zoomed
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 16:45:31 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

When opening a rather big image into a quite big Emacs window, movements
(C-n, C-p, C-f, C-b) are smooth at original image size but are jerky
whenever there is some zooming (in or out) involved.

Recipe:
        - emacs -Q
        - 'C-x C-f' "a big image.jpg"
        - 's o' (image-transform-reset-to-original)
        - keep 'C-n' pressed, keep 'C-f' pressed -> movements are smooth
        - 'i -' (image-decrease-size)
        - keep 'C-n' pressed, keep 'C-f' pressed -> movements are jerky

Best regards,

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.3, cairo version
 1.17.8) of 2023-08-20 built on computer
Repository revision: 321f6bd5722921175ac3dc8859daca74dbe3de6a
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101006
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.3 GENERIC.MP#1125 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --with-toolkit-scroll-bars=no --without-sound
 --without-compress-install CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-dired-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.3.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug org-agenda css-mode sgml-mode facemenu
imenu vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util sh-script smie treesit executable
pascal vc-hg conf-mode view reveal texinfo texinfo-loaddefs make-mode
org-indent oc-basic org-element org-persist org-id avl-tree ol-eww eww
url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
ol-docview doc-view jka-compr ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi gnus-icalendar org-capture org-refile org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core
ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc
org-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs emacs-news-mode vc
bug-reference vc-git diff-mode paredit vc-dispatcher vc-svn on-screen
image-mode exif gnus-dired time battery cus-load exwm-randr xcb-randr
exwm-config ido exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage
exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core
xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug server
modus-operandi-theme modus-themes zone speed-type url-http url-auth
url-gw nsm compat ytdious mingus libmpdee reporter edebug debug
backtrace detached-init detached autorevert filenotify transmission
color calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs supercite regi
ebdb-message ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb
mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe find-func eieio-base pcase
timezone icalendar gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util
mail-prsvr wid-edit visual-basic-mode cl web-mode derived disp-table
erlang-start smart-tabs-mode skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep
slime-tramp tramp rx trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-message
tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date
format-spec tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy slime-indentation slime-cl-indent
cl-indent slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch
slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu
slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl slime-parse slime apropos compile text-property-search etags
fileloop generator xref project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline
icons pp comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt
slime-autoloads edmacro kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs dired-x
dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs notifications dbus xml cl-extra help-mode
use-package-core repeat easy-mmode desktop frameset debbugs-autoloads
detached-autoloads ebdb-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads exwm-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads finder-inf
magit-section-autoloads md4rd-autoloads dash-autoloads
on-screen-autoloads osm-autoloads paredit-autoloads request-autoloads
rust-mode-autoloads s-autoloads speed-type-autoloads
transmission-autoloads tree-mode-autoloads visual-fill-column-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads ytdious-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 689448 94950) (symbols 48 55830 3)
 (strings 32 176732 10415) (string-bytes 1 5672352)
 (vectors 16 104965) (vector-slots 8 2176605 163884)
 (floats 8 557 160) (intervals 56 20368 0) (buffers 992 90))

-- 
Manuel Giraud