Subject: Re: bug#65418: 29.1; Eglot: support clangd inactiveRegions extension

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2023 19:17:47 +0300

> From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 13:49:51 +0100
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], 
> 	[email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> On Mon, Sep 4, 2023 at 1:44 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > > But  I admit I'm not fully aware of how these things are counted
> > > "officially", so better safe than sorry and I reverted them.  But
> > > I would very much like to re-revert of course, as this was a lot
> > > of work and is a pretty valuable change, IMO.  Let's wait for Eli to
> > > explain how to proceed.
> >
> > To provide a helpful answer I need to know how much code was provided
> > by Filippo.  Where can I see that?
> 
> Some 4 or 5 messages ago in this thread.  Here:
> 
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65418#32
> 
> Two patches are there and they correspond more or less to the two
> (very heavily modified) commits I did on top of them.

The first of these 2 patches is trivial.  The second one is not
trivial, but it looks like you've rewritten the text almost from
scratch, so I indeed think we don't need any legal paperwork from
Filippo for these changes, and you can install those on master.  (I
would still encourage Filippo to start the paperwork rolling, so that
we could accept his contributions in the future without limitations.)

Thanks.