Subject: bug#65391: People need to report failing builds even though we have ci.guix.gnu.org for that

From: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 17:07:31 +0200

Bruno Victal <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 2023-08-27 02:13, 宋文武 wrote:
>> Maybe we can automatically report the failures as bugs, say every 7
>> days, and remove a package if it still fail to build in 90 days?

maybe precedeed by an automated email notification (to guix-bugs) so
that interested people have the chance to step in and fix it?

> I'm not so sure about removing packages, personally if I'm in need of
> a package that happens to be broken I find it easier to fix it given
> that some work has already been put into writing the package definition
> than starting from scratch.

You don't need to start from scratch if you want, you just have to
checkout the right git commit (before the package was deleted) and start
from that, if needed: WDYT?

Happy hacking! Gio'

[...]

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures