Subject: [Cuirass] feature requests for dashboard

From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 16:16:29 +0800

Hello, I think the current CI dashboard (eg: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/693369/dashboard)
is a little inconvenient to use, and I'd like it have:

1. different colors for build failures (status=1) and dependencies
failures (status=2), and other type failures.  Maybe yellow for
dependencies failures, and grey for other.

2. more search options in addition to job name, eg:
    status:failed
    status:failed-dependency
    status:canceled
    team:python
   also a help like in mumi https://issues.guix.gnu.org/help#search for
   those options.

3. for a failed build, show a link to its bug report on
   issues.guix.gnu.org if one existed.
   eg, for: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/1170869/details
   add a Issue row with link to https://issues.guix.gnu.org/65392
   so we can know this build failure is known.

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I found the dashboard inconvenient to use, it show failures for both
>> builds and dependencies in the same red color, and can't be searched.
>> What I usually do is:
>>
>> 1. download the job status json with:
>>   wget -O jobs.json 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org/api/jobs?evaluation=692229&system=x86_64-linux'
>>
>> 2. use jq to show package names with build failures:
>>   cat jobs.json  | jq '. | map(select(.status == 1)) | .[].name' -r
>>
>> 3. select interested one to investigate (if doing merge, diff the failures from
>> working branch with master).
>
> Maybe we should open Cuirass feature requests on our bug tracker to
> remember what would be valuable to implement.

Okay, I'll open one here.