Subject: Re: bug#65391: People need to report failing builds even though we have ci.guix.gnu.org for that

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 23:39:54 -0400

Hi again,

宋文武 <[email-masked]> writes:

> Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> For example, naev used to work just fine, yet apparently it doesn't
>> anymore: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/65390.
>>
>> Given that Guix has ci.guix.gnu.org, I would expect such new problems
>> to be detected and resolved early, and it was detected by
>> ci.guix.gnu.org, yet going by issues.guix.gnu.org it was never even
>> investigated.
>
> Yes, honestly I only look for build failures from bug reports, not from
> CI if i'm not doing a "request for merge" from another branch.

Another idea I had was we could add some feature to Cuirass where it'd
notify a team (by email) when a package under their scope has been
broken on the master branch.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim