Subject: bug#65391: People need to report failing builds even though we have ci.guix.gnu.org for that

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 17:02:32 +0200

Op 23-08-2023 om 01:45 schreef Csepp:
> I tried signing up to the CI mailing list and it immediately became
> overwhelming.

If the CI list was split in ‘broken’ and ‘fixed’, such that you have the 
option to only subscribe to ‘broken’, would that help?  A large fraction 
of messages is for fixed packages, which do not need to be acted upon.

> One possible improvement I have been thinking about is making it easy
> for users to filter CI output to the packages in their profile closure,
> so for example they would get advance notice of any broken packages
> *before* attempting to install them.

I assume you meant s/install/update.

How is this an improvement?  I mean, how does this make

‘People need to report failing builds even though we have 
ci.guix.gnu.org for that.’

less true?

Best regards,
Maxime Devos.