Subject: Re: bug#65391: People need to report failing builds even though we have ci.guix.gnu.org for that

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 11:57:48 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, 23 Aug 2023 at 01:45, Csepp <[email-masked]> wrote:

> One possible improvement I have been thinking about is making it easy
> for users to filter CI output to the packages in their profile closure,
> so for example they would get advance notice of any broken packages
> *before* attempting to install them.
> Teams could also have their own filters.

Maybe I am missing what you would like, from my understanding, that’s
already possible using time-machine and weather.  For example,

   guix time-machine -- weather -m manifest.scm

allow to know the status of the last commit.  What is missing is a clear
return code for chaining.  For instance, see this proposal:

        subject: guix weather exit status?
        from: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
        date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 16:35:03 -0400
        message-id: id:[email-masked]
        https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]

However, I agree that the next step (find the log of the broken package)
for teams is a bit convoluted.

Cheers,
simon