Subject: bug#65391: closed (Close)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 09:15:02 +0000

Your bug report

#65391: People need to report failing builds even though we have ci.guix.gnu.org for that

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
65391: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65391
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Close
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 10:13:32 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After reading through the first tenth of what seems to be an interesting
discussion and skimming through the remainder, I take the liberty to close
this bug. Such a discussion had better take place on guix-devel; the report
itself does not start with an actionable proposal: "People need to..."
looks more like an infinite task to me that cannot be closed as finished
if taken literally.

I understand that certain concrete proposals coming from the discussion
have been filed as separate issues, and would suggest that people
interested in the topic continue to do so.

Andreas

Subject: People need to report failing builds even though we have ci.guix.gnu.org for that
From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 01:53:59 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

For example, naev used to work just fine, yet apparently it doesn't 
anymore: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/65390.

Given that Guix has ci.guix.gnu.org, I would expect such new problems to 
be detected and resolved early, and it was detected by ci.guix.gnu.org, 
yet going by issues.guix.gnu.org it was never even investigated.

(Yes, there is a delay, but that doesn't matter at all, as there's this 
dashboard <https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/668365/dashboard>.)

Do people really need to report 33% of all jobs 
(https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/668365/dashboard) before those failures 
are taken seriously, instead of the ‘there don't seem to be that much 
more build failures from the core-updates/... merge, let's solve them 
later (i.e., never)’ that seems to be  status quo?

Best regards,
Maxime Devos