Subject: bug#6539: ispell-complete-word looks for wrong file (at least on w32)

From: Agustin Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 18:47:57 +0200

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 05:32:09PM +0200, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >> FWIW, I find it really confusing that ispell-complete-word does not
> >> use ispell.  It should probably be moved out of ispell.el (unless we
> >> can somehow make it use some ispell/aspell/hunspell functionality).
> 
> > It's there because it's an Ispell feature, present also in the
> > stand-alone version of the speller.
> 
> I must be missing something:
> Does ispell-complete-word use Ispell?  If not, then it shouldn't be in
> ispell.el (even if it provides a feature which Ispell also provides).

I see it as related to spell-checking (word-completion is often useful
for that), so ispell.el is not at all a bad place. I guess that is this 
relation to spell-checking what makes this feature be provided by Ispell.

Cheers,

-- 
Agustin