Subject: bug#6539: ispell-complete-word looks for wrong file (at least on w32)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 21:23:20 +0300

> From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 19:55:28 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > Why does it matter which file names are tried, if the net result will
> > be the same: to fail?
> 
> I thought I did explain that above. The unix style file names can
> happen to work on the current default drive if the user did place the
> required files there.

The chances of the user accidentally putting the file in the same
directory where Ispell looks for it, which doesn't exist on Windows
and needs to be created, are slim.  The chances of doing that without
looking at ispell.el and discovering the defcustom and its default
value are even more slim.

So I think your fears are entirely imaginary, and the problem you
describe does not exist in practice.