Subject: Re: bug#65387: [PATCH] New user option 'submit-emacs-patch-display-help'

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 13:26:26 +0530

[ஞாயிறு ஆகஸ்ட் 20, 2023] Eli Zaretskii wrote:
 
>> Ah I actually find this command quite convenient, except for that
>> instructions buffer that tends to get in my way.  So I guess this option
>> is useful for us semi-newbies :)
>> 
>> I don't know if it justifies a new option, as you say, and I don't mind
>> keeping a modified `submit-emacs-patch` in my config.
>> 
>> I do wonder, since `(info "(emacs)Sending Patches")` recommends using
>> `submit-emacs-patch` and that always seemed easier than doing `C-x m`
>> and adding the destination address and the attachment patch afterwards,
>> what alternative you'd expect experienced users to go with?
>
> Let's see what others think about this new command.
>
> Would people please voice their opinions about adding it?

I was thinking of proposing such a patch myself sometime™.  I think I
would end up using the command more if I could turn off the help buffer.
Though, I think the user option report-emacs-bug-no-explanations could
be reused instead.