Subject: bug#65380: [PATCH] Add command to copy contents in a diff-mode buffer

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 19:30:27 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 15:45:13 +0000
>> 
>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > But diffs don't necessarily show the entire body/ies of function(s),
>> > they show just part of them.  So this seems to be useful only in a
>> > very small subset of cases?
>> 
>> In theory yes, but as I mentioned in my first message, it comes up
>> surprisingly often, at least to the degree that I think it would be
>> something nice to have in general.  If you think the current
>> implementation is too primitive, one could extend it to check if the
>> region is a subregion of a hunk, and handle that appropriately.
>
> I'd like to hear from more people who will find this useful enough to
> have in Emacs.  My first thought was that this is something you should
> keep as your local extension, but maybe I'm mistaken.

I have no problem with that, and there is no urgency in applying this
patch.