Subject: Re: bug#65380: [PATCH] Add command to copy contents in a diff-mode buffer

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 22:09:12 +0300

> From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 15:45:13 +0000
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > But diffs don't necessarily show the entire body/ies of function(s),
> > they show just part of them.  So this seems to be useful only in a
> > very small subset of cases?
> 
> In theory yes, but as I mentioned in my first message, it comes up
> surprisingly often, at least to the degree that I think it would be
> something nice to have in general.  If you think the current
> implementation is too primitive, one could extend it to check if the
> region is a subregion of a hunk, and handle that appropriately.

I'd like to hear from more people who will find this useful enough to
have in Emacs.  My first thought was that this is something you should
keep as your local extension, but maybe I'm mistaken.