Subject: bug#65370: 30.0.50; Android: Single key input doesn’t work in some situations

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 08:58:28 +0800

Milan Zamazal <[email-masked]> writes:

> In some cases, minibuffer prompts expecting a single key response don't
> work.  I don't know whether it's actually Android specific but I've
> observed it there.
>
> I have two reproducible examples when this happens:
>
> 1. In Dired, when trying to copy a file (using `C' key) to another file
>    that already exists, Dired asks for confirmation with the "yn!q"
>    prompt.  It's possible to type multiple characters into the prompt,
>    the typed characters appear there, but nothing else happens.  I have
>    to use C-g to quit.  Instead, the prompt should react to the first
>    typed character.
>
> 2. When running `M-x org-drill' on an org-drill file (org-drill is
>    available from MELPA and
>    https://gitlab.com/phillord/org-drill#demonstration describes an easy
>    way to try it), one can normally type digits 1-5 to proceed with the
>    cards.  Instead, the prompt doesn't react to keys at all and when I
>    click to the primary buffer, the typed characters are inserted there.
>    Both is wrong and doesn't happen in (non-Android) Emacs 29.1.

Thanks, both of these issues should be fixed soon.  They're particular
to the Android port, more specifically its input method text conversion
features.