Subject: bug#65370: 30.0.50; Android: Single key input doesn’t work in some situations

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 18:39:13 +0800

Milan Zamazal <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>>> "SK" == Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>     SK> Milan, are you still seeing this problem?
>
> The first problem is gone but this problem still exists:
>
>> 2. When running `M-x org-drill' on an org-drill file (org-drill is
>>    available from MELPA and
>>    https://gitlab.com/phillord/org-drill#demonstration describes an easy
>>    way to try it), one can normally type digits 1-5 to proceed with the
>>    cards.  Instead, the prompt doesn't react to keys at all and when I
>>    click to the primary buffer, the typed characters are inserted there.
>>    Both is wrong and doesn't happen in (non-Android) Emacs 29.1.

Oh, thanks.  This is because Org Drill doesn't take measures to disable
text conversion (a mechanism whereby input methods insert text directly
within buffers) within Org buffers it manages, and consequently cannot
receive text typed from the keyboard as key events.

Phillip, would you please look into this?  As a rule of thumb,
disabling text conversion requires no more than:

  (setq-local text-conversion-style nil)