Subject: bug#65370: 30.0.50; Android: Single key input doesn’t work in some situations

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 09:31:45 -0700

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Milan Zamazal <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> In some cases, minibuffer prompts expecting a single key response don't
>> work.  I don't know whether it's actually Android specific but I've
>> observed it there.
>>
>> I have two reproducible examples when this happens:
>>
>> 1. In Dired, when trying to copy a file (using `C' key) to another file
>>    that already exists, Dired asks for confirmation with the "yn!q"
>>    prompt.  It's possible to type multiple characters into the prompt,
>>    the typed characters appear there, but nothing else happens.  I have
>>    to use C-g to quit.  Instead, the prompt should react to the first
>>    typed character.
>>
>> 2. When running `M-x org-drill' on an org-drill file (org-drill is
>>    available from MELPA and
>>    https://gitlab.com/phillord/org-drill#demonstration describes an easy
>>    way to try it), one can normally type digits 1-5 to proceed with the
>>    cards.  Instead, the prompt doesn't react to keys at all and when I
>>    click to the primary buffer, the typed characters are inserted there.
>>    Both is wrong and doesn't happen in (non-Android) Emacs 29.1.
>
> Thanks, both of these issues should be fixed soon.  They're particular
> to the Android port, more specifically its input method text conversion
> features.

Is there anything more to do here, or should this be closed?