Subject: bug#65366: texlive-scheme-basic: chktex: Could not find global resource file.

From: Chloe Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 11:27:44 +0100

* Description

Trying to run the chktex binary results in a permanent warning. When trying to
run ~chktex -v~ (as done by Emacs) it escalates to an error. It appears the
binary cannot find a necessary configuration file.

* Expected Behaviour

Running ~chktex -v~ would not give an error.

* Actual Behaviour

The following error message is produced and the program exits.

    WARNING -- Could not find global resource file.
    ERROR -- Illegal verbosity level.

* Steps to Reproduce

- Run the following command:

      guix shell -C texlive-bin -- chktex -v

- Observe the error

* Guix Details

Observed on commit 78f080e25bfc02abd9a8fa88c8ad8d5854f54743

* Other Notes

- Also including the texlive-chktex package does not resolve the error.