Subject: Re: [bug#65352] Fix time-machine and network

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2023 22:48:54 +0200

Hi Maxim,

On Tue, 05 Sep 2023 at 16:33, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> -             obj))))))
>> +             obj)))
>> +      (_ #f))))
>
> This doesn't look right to me; the contract of resolve-reference is to
> accept a REF, which is well defined.  It's not supposed fall into cracks
> and return #f.  The problem lies elsewhere.

Yes, the problem lies elsewhere!  By the code you introduced with
79ec651a286c71a3d4c72be33a1f80e76a560031.  As explained here:

        [bug#65352] Fix time-machine and network
        Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
        Mon, 04 Sep 2023 19:37:08 +0200
        id:[email-masked]
        https://issues.guix.gnu.org//65352
        https://issues.guix.gnu.org/msgid/[email-masked]
        https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]

Because of this code, you are breaking the contract and passing '() as
REF.  Hence my patch.

Cheers,
simon