Subject: Re: bug#65352: Fix time-machine and network

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 18:27:31 +0200

Hi,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>>> Not that channel-list is a public API, so this is effectively changing
>>> the contract, no?
>>
>> Yes, but it’s really meant to be used internally, where it’s either
>> 'tag-or-commit or 'branch in practice.  So to me either way is fine.
>
> In this case, should we stop exporting it from the module?  (and use it
> via the (@ (...)) trick as needed).  This would communicate the
> intention best.

Well, there are different levels of “internal” I guess.  :-)

@@ (double-at) should only be used as a last resort; whether it’s usable
at all depends on inlining decisions made by the compiler.  So in this
case, I’m for plain #:export.

Thanks,
Ludo’.