Subject: [bug#65352] Fix time-machine and network

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 11:57:30 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, 25 Sept 2023 at 11:32, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

>   1. ‘false-if-git-not-found’ was removed around the call to
>      ‘commit-lookup’, which breaks things as reported just today on
>      IRC.  Could you reintroduce it?

About "guix system"?

Yes, for sure let reintroduce it.

But I miss why it would work for one case and not for the other.  I
was looking at 'check-forward-update'.

>   2. Short commit IDs are no longer handled in the 'commit case, as I
>      mentioned before in this thread (and then forgot).  Could you
>      reintroduce support for them?

Short commit ID are handled by tag-or-commit (guix time-machine and
guix pull).  If there is a discrepancy elsewhere with short commit ID,
it should be fixed overthere, IMHO.

Else, I do not understand what you are asking.  From my understanding,
it would not make sense to have short commit ID handled with (commit .
"abc123") for some part of the code and (tag-or-commit . "abc123") for
some other part.

Cheers,
simon