Subject: Re: bug#65350: Request for merging "qt-updates" branch

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 11:48:29 -0400

Hi,

宋文武 <[email-masked]> writes:

> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> It's all in the title :-).
>>
>> I believe the branch is ready, though we'll want to look at the QA stats
>> after it's done building it, just to make sure.
>
> There are some failures on CI with "cannot build missing derivation
> ...", eg:  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/1830064/details

Yeah, these are really annoying.  I researched a bit past effort trying
to understand what's going on, and it seems to be related to baking NARs
and the connection timing out when it's too long, or similar.  The
corresponding bug report is https://issues.guix.gnu.org/54447, and some
debugging effort was documented in https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50040.

[...]

> Also I think the kde-updates branch is ready to be merged too, which
> should we merge first?

No matter how we merge, the number of rebuilds will be the same, so I
suggest you go ahead.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim