Subject: bug#6535: 24.0.50; grep seems not to work

From: "Štěpán Němec" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 20:27:18 +0200

Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> writes:

> Štěpán Němec skrev 2010-06-29 13.14:
>>
>> Nothing suggests anyone is working on fixing the problem. If you have a
>> fix, why don't you commit it?
>
> I don't have a recepie for repeating the problem turning off ICANON would
> solve.  It isn't a high priority for me.

I wonder what makes you assume somebody is working on it then.

>> If you don't have a fix *now*, why is the
>> breakage not reverted for the time being? I didn't even get any reaction
>> on this question.
>
> That you must ask the person who made that checkin.

...which I did. I posted the URL in this thread already.

>>
>> I don't expect the trunk to be perfectly usable all the time, but I fail
>> to see any value in leaving a known and repeatedly reported breakage in
>> for an extended period of time.
>>
>
> The breakage must have fixed some other problem.  If breakage one is better
> than breakage two is a matter of opinion, depending which one you see the
> most.  AFAIK, I haven't seen either.

I can't make much sense of Stefan's commit message. It also doesn't
mention any related bug it would be supposed to fix.

> 	Jan D.