Subject: Re: bug#6535: 24.0.50; grep seems not to work

From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:52:39 +0200

Štěpán Němec skrev 2010-06-29 13.14:
>
> Nothing suggests anyone is working on fixing the problem. If you have a
> fix, why don't you commit it?

I don't have a recepie for repeating the problem turning off ICANON would 
solve.  It isn't a high priority for me.

> If you don't have a fix *now*, why is the
> breakage not reverted for the time being? I didn't even get any reaction
> on this question.

That you must ask the person who made that checkin.

>
> I don't expect the trunk to be perfectly usable all the time, but I fail
> to see any value in leaving a known and repeatedly reported breakage in
> for an extended period of time.
>

The breakage must have fixed some other problem.  If breakage one is better 
than breakage two is a matter of opinion, depending which one you see the 
most.  AFAIK, I haven't seen either.

	Jan D.